Plane not heavy enought to take A certicitificate test! Help

Charlie Knill

Advert

Posted by Charlie Knill on 03/09/2015 20:10:29:
Posted by kc on 02/09/2015 12:09:54:

I think Charlie is one of the newer members of my club and I have a set of digital luggage scales verified by the Essex CC weights and measures Dept! ( you dont need to send off the scales, here in Essex they came round to my house by appointment - good service )

But that's not really the point - it's just important to have a plane that satisfies the BMFA Examiner on the day. Whether the Glasair also has a Rx that has some aids that prevent it being suitable for the A test is the question. Presumably just replacing the Rx with a normal Spektrum Rx would solve the problem.

What a small world! At some point I will discuss with Pete about disabling of the gyro stabilization on my plane!

Based on the online instructions I don't think there is any question the stock model is suitable for the test - the "Virtual Instructor" can apparently be disabled, but not the 2 axis gyro so it still doesn't comply. Probably all it will take is a new RX, but don't do that straight before the test - do it now whilst you are practising, otherwise you will not be ready when test time comes.

Edited By MattyB on 03/09/2015 22:44:35