50 inch Sipa S-200

Hi,

I have researched a little more into this plane and have come to the conclusion that some had flat sides almost right up to the exhaust and some had a bit more of a curve.

And so i have decided to stick with the lower part of the body that i had made earlier at least for the time being.

I have more formers to add to the top part as of yet and so far i am happy with the way it looks.

top1.jpg

top2.jpg

Until the ducting is on, and the rest of the formers and sheeting the final look will change but the basic outline looks right so far.

top3.jpg

The front looks a little big at the moment but i guess until the nose cone is on it will.

top4.jpg

Here you can see just how small the tail pipe is.

Steve

Advert

Thank you Colin,

It`s the same but bigger, Much bigger.

The goal this time around is to get the over all look better. Their where a few minor niggles that just did not look right for me.

Although when you look at my last one i did it is very close ( the white and blue one ) But at certain angles thing just don't sit right, not that you would notice unless you have looked at as many picture of the real one as i have.

Steve

Ok so i have built one quarter of a wing to see if things are looking better.

bod1.jpg

F6t was not right but moving it back a bit sorts that one out which is not a bad thing as i will need to cut a hole out for the rear window.

bod2.jpg

F8t needed a little more hight adding gluing some Depron on top quick fix.

Not sure if you can see the slight dip in the back yet.

bod3.jpg

pinned a thin strip of wood to check the formers are lining up correctly.

bodd4.jpg

And just for reference the edf on the small indoor model is larger than the rear of this new model.

Oh and i did not like the look of the wing i drew so now it will no longer be a 50 inch wing span .

It will be more like 1.3 Mtr.

Steve smiley

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

A small amount of progress,

front.jpg

The front end,

rear.jpg

The rear,

side.jpgside,

I have not yet decided what to do about the Centre section of the wing,

My 1st thoughts where about seeing the joint between the wings, so built the wing to have a join where the boom is.

So that the boom would cover part of the join.

But now i am thinking about making the Centre section longer, 36 inch long so that the join is closer to the aileron.

That way there would be less strain on the join and a thinner carbon tube could be used. dont know

Steve

• 3 months later...