Printed / digital magazine subscriptions

David Begg 1

I have just received my RCME mag subscription renewal, and I see there is a print and digital option available. I was wondering why there is not a digital version only option?

A digital only subscription option would save international subscribers a lot of money in postage, I see the only losers being the postal companies, RCME still get the subscription, international subscribers would get the magazine faster, and as it would only be an option, those subscribers that prefer a printed magazine could take this option, a few more trees and other resources would be saved. The digital subscription would be password protected, or have a only able to downloaded once system, stopping digital copies being freely exchanged. ( how many people lend copies of the printed mag anyway?) A digital edition is already produced, and international sales may well increase if a cheaper was available.

To the UK residents wondering what I am on about, my subscription cost is around twice the UK subscription, the difference being the amount paid for postage. ( I live in New Zealand)

Advert

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I live in Canada and have the digital only subscription. I am an Android user and I can view it on all my devices; my phone, tablet and my PC and laptop. It could only get better if they would include a pdf file of the free pull out plan. Now I have to go the the bookstore and buy a paper issue of the mag if there is a plan I am interested in. I really hesitated on renewing my sub because of this.

I was able to subscribe through the website.