Separate supply for retracts/led's in Seagull Silence Twister?

Advert

Charles

Thanks for the picture - it makes sense to raise the unit away from the underside of the wing to prevent damaging the internal structure/strength. The idea of making a fairing seems a good one and I would be interested to see how you get on with that?

The as-supplied kit came with the wires for the wing tip lights terminated with a servo plug (I think - it was some time ago now!) so the previous owner of your model may have tried to simplify in some way the annoying plethora of connections required when rigging each wing to the fuselage!

As for flap settings I used none on take off - it wasn't required and full flap with a down elevator mix (~15% I think) for landing. Hope this helps and I look forward to hearing how you get on with the flying.

Jon

Thanks Bob C. Just wired my retracts as you described , and now works a treat. Bought a second hand Hangar 9 Thunderbolt as my first warbird, and had just the one Rx battery. Have now fitted a second retract battery as you described. Works great. It previously had one fitted, but was only fitted out with servos, and I didn't know how to wire one in. Thanks again.