PayPal Address - important

Stevo

Hi All...

I use eBay and Paypal quite a lot.

A month or so back, I ordered something from Argos, and paid with PayPal. No problems at all.

At the weekend, I then ordered some Oleos from HK. I had a confirmation email back from PayPal. All good.

Well NO - not really. It stated that the delivery address was that of the Argos Store. I never had any opportunity to confirm or change that at all!!

HK are confirming where the goods are to be sent to...

I called PayPal and to my surprise, after the automated phone answering system, they dealt with my call very quickly. They confirmed my registered (home) address. When I stated that on the confirmation email it had an address of an Argos store, PayPal then confirmed with me deletion of the 'Gift Address' of which I said yes indeedy

Just a warning to you all - chec your PayPal notifications!

Advert

Posted by Stevo on 15/07/2015 13:42:34:

..... So how do I tell when it's arrived there....?

Hopefully they'll send you a message as with other eBay deliveries made via Argos.

I regularly order form eBay and choose 'click & collect' delivery to a local Argos store because it guarantees the item is available for pick up once I receive the notification that it has been delivered to the Argos store.

I find it much easier than taking a chance on being in when the postie calls at my house and the subsequent messing with 'while you were out' cards and trips to a sorting office with limited opening hours. I'm lucky I have a choice of several Argos stores within 6-7miles and with opening times up to 8pm its a convenient way to receive packages that wont fit through the letterbox. .

It sounds like their system may have somehow remembered your Argos choice from the previous purchase, it shouldn't have done, normally choosing an eBay 'click & collect' store requires a few extra mouse clicks ... curious.

Hope it arrives soon enough!