OpenTx Companion 2.1.0 is out !!!

Kevin Fairgrieve

I have been following the daily updates, and at last 2.1.0 is out and ready for download.

Can I suggest that any one going to upgrade takes a look at this page first though.

I followed it to the letter, and have experienced zero issue`s.

The best bit of advice is to take screenshots as the new much improved telemetry is not the same. Took me a few minutes to work out where it was, but I have to say it is so much nicer to program.

Companion 2.1.0

Kev

Edited By Kevin Fairgrieve on 19/07/2015 19:05:34

Advert

It does Chris.

This is the change log.

• Added support for Taranis X9E (tray version)
  • Added Bluetooth support (Taranis X9E)
  • Added optional alternative memory allocator for LUA (Bin Allocator)
  • Added another timer (Timer3) (#1228)
  • Increased maximum timer value to 24 bits
  • Enabled LUA bit32 library
  • Added new trainer modes: Master/SBUS module, Master/CPPM module, Master/SBUS in battery compartment
  • Added global Custom Functions (#502)
  • Added Screen-shot Special Function (#1925)
  • Added firmware upgrade of SPORT devices (#1599)
  • Added EEPROM Factory Reset menu option
  • Added LUA file read/write capability (#1471)
  • Hardware I2C (for EEPROM)
  • Added a menu for quick sources and switches selection (by category)
  • Possibility to use any input for Long. and Lateral pitch sources of the heli CCPM mixer
  • Failsafe settings improved (mode can be set for each channel individually, a warning is given if failsafe is not configured)
  • Possibility to have the vario silent in the mid range
  • Added wireless trainer modes
  • Added category picklists for faster source selection
  • Added mixer output range visualization
  • Added physical switches, pots and sliders custom names
  • Added switch type configuration (none, 3 position, 2 position, toogle) for all switches
  • Lua model.insertInput() could not add more than 32 inputs (#2084)
  • Fixed auto-source problem on radios with non-existing S3 pot (#2364)
  • Added factory reset function on the VERSION screen to erase the entire memory and start fresh

Highlighted in bold for you Chris.

Kev

Right - all updated. That's the good news.

Now the bad - I'm not sure I'd recommend it, unless you're ready for a detailed check of all models, one by one.

I can't see any basic flying functions changed, but the first model I checked had no failsafe set. Of course that could well have been finger trouble on my part (I had changed the Rx recently).

Next - All telemetry functions appear to be wiped out, and you can't reprogram them until you' fire up the Rx and let it report to the Tx which telemetry sensors it has. Only then can you select them. (You can do this after switching off the Rx again).
My favourite - mAh - wasn't available immediately either. I managed to find that in Companion when I changed a telemetry line to read "Calculated". Once that was done, mAh was available to select.

There does seem to be lots of good stuff in there. My impression is that it's the telemetry area that's been completely revamped. It looks like the facility is now there to use as many of one type of sensor as we like. Although this may not be usable until multi sensor hardware is available. It all looks far more flexible, which of course means more complicated, again.

Updating S.Bus hardware is in there, but it's implemented differently. Now, it's in the SD card area, found by going into the "firmware" folder, highlighting the firmware you wish to use (having dumped it in there previously) and log pressing the ENT key. From there, you can upgrade an external modiule, including X series Rxs. Or upgrade the internal XJT module.

I didn't check anything to do with sounds. That is yet to be explored.

Ooh I've just spotted the new Global Functions. Very tasty.

Now, I can set a knob to be volume control and that then works across all models, I never have to think about that again.

Other options for GFs, and there are many, are a trainer switch, instant trim, play sounds, set timers. There are all sorts of options. All of which you may want to apply to all models in one go.