Dynam ESC

MaxG

I am putting together a Dynam Tempest.

When I came to set up the Tx and Rx I found that the esc control cable has a ferrite ring in it - No problem.

However it also has a small separate lead attached which appears to have some electronics in it encased in black heat shrink.

Does anyone know what this is for. It seems to work with it in and with it out. There is no reference to it in the instructions that came with the model.

TIA

MaxG

Advert

Maxg

I have the same model and have no idea what the attachment is, the model looks and flies really well.

You haven't said what your experience of flying foam warbirds is, so if you want any advice just say, as it has a few quirks as many of the similar models have.

Regards

Russ

The main issue is that the u/c is too far back and the model noses over even with full up elevator. I packed the rear u/c plate to so that the wheels point forward a bit. I used a piece of 1/8th ply which helped. Now it tracks ok with full up but takes off after only a couple of meters. I've yet to master balancing the elevator and full power to get it rolling and taking off in a more realistic manor.

Flying is great and low passes look superb.

Landing! You need to keep a little power on to bring it in, if you try to glide in it only floats until it stalls, and I belly land leaving the u/c retracted. Trying to land using the u/c I found is fraught with problems I could not keep it from nosing over, bending the u/c.

I'm not the most proficient flier but have no trouble with my sports models, but it could be me thats the problem. My instructor saying was, "its not the model, its me too high too fast"!

Have plenty of practice approaches before you attempt to land, come in low with just enough power to keep it flying and cut the power seconds before you land.

Just ask if you come across any issue.

Good luck.