Unknown model - own design or plan?

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone recognises the model design below? It could well be an own design but hopefully it's from a plan or takes it's design cues from a plan. I have been asked by some friends if I could complete the model to a flying state after the designer/builder had sadly passed away. No plans have been found, so it may well be an 'own design'.

Cheers, Rob

Advert

Proportions and relative areas look wrong. Have a look at a relative proportion calculator, Gorden Whitehead's Scale Models has one. May save a fair bit of work fettling the machine, only to have a few seconds of interesting air time on the maiden flight. Rudder certainly looks like it will not turn that wing to any extent. But then again I may be talking like an idiot, and it is a famous design from a little known Outer Mongolian.

Thanks for your replies. I was hoping it was a plan built plane.

It is a bit different in its proportions, I'll take a look at the calculator you mention Donald.

Also, not sure how a motor (electric or ic) would fit currently.

I am tempted to keep the wing and tail section (major part of the original) and make a new fuselage with motor mount.

Cheers, Rob.

• 2 weeks later...