Whilst having a moan about Horizon in another thread I think it's only fair to recognise the excellent service I had from SLEC over the last few weeks. I asked them to do me some replacement parts for one of Tony's kits after a slight cockup on my behalf!

They did it and took them along for a show for me to collect (since I was going along there anyway) and were generally very helpful, When I got home I realised that some of the wood they had supplied wasn't the wood I asked for from the kit.

They promised to get back to me, which they did very quickly and shipped replacements to me straight away with no further questions asked.

I couldn't have asked for better handling of the whole situation and it's a shame that more companies don't do the same.

Advert

I've never had any problems with them. I've recently built a Funfly of theirs which I've flown a few times and already another club member has ordered one. My kit was short of a couple of bits but an e-mail soon had said bits landing on the mat. I always have a chat with them at shows; they are a great bunch but quite laid back and I think this is what results in the odd negative comment about them.

For the record I initially fitted my Funfly with an SC 52 but took it out and put in a .40 on the grounds that the fuel tank isn't that big. The engine weighs the same but the plane still goes vertical so the .52 can wait for a bigger model. I know I can throttle back but I'd never be able to resist the temptation, the Funfly is that good to fly.

• 3 weeks later...

I've found SLEC to be helpful. In the event of an error, they will happily correct it. For example, my delightful better half gave me a SLEC kit as a birthday present. Unfortunately several of the spars were badly split, and so SLEC sent out a new set of stick wood to replace them by next day courier.

Of course the result is that I will happily go back to buy more things in future from them*!

* So you could argue good service is bad for the bank balance

• 3 months later...

Just use this thread to confirm the opinion of the majority of the posters here - I am totally happy with the service and the speed of delivery! Delivery in exactly 24h after ordering...

And I got a free Christmas present as well - I ordered a few pieces pf ply - and they packed it using a huge piece of 4mm ply as protection! Of course I will not throw that away...

VA, happy camper department...

wood.jpg