KK2 Board Died during flash is this a common issue????

Paul Harris 5

Hi all

Hope this is the correct section for this question

After watching a YouTube video were someone was able to flash new FW to a HobbyKing KK2 Board to make it Fixed wing compatible, I thought I would give it a go and ordered one and the USB programming device. Whilst awaiting the delivery from Hong Kong I made sure I had all the necessary software, Drivers, Flash Software and Flash Hex file.

THey arrived today and I tested the KK2 board with a flight battery and it powered up fine so I proceeded with the flash. the flash software reported all went well, but upon re boot the KK2 screen is blank, the backlight is on but there is nothing displayed.

Now could it be the flash process that killed it or was it just a faulty item, anyone else killed their KK2 board this way.

Its gone back to hobbyking for replacement, hope they are not able to check it no longer has their firmware on it

I used the KKMulticopter flash tool from Lazyzero and the openaero2 firmware.

Thanks for any help with this

Edited By Paul Harris 5 on 08/09/2015 15:31:59

Advert

Just a quick update in case anyone else has this problem

I have been doing a bit more searching of the problem as it's quite a common issue if YouTube and Google results are anything to go by. Apparently it's probably not the board at fault but the LCD screen, which might be why HK sell replacements for under £2, just ordered 3, just in case, might have to test all three though just in case some of the replacements are as fragile as the originals.

Very odd though that every report I have seen only affects the 2.5.1 version, I wonder if they changed screen supplier.

Hi,

I've only ever used one KK2 board so I don't have extensive experience. I have to say I wasn't overawed with the general quality! In my opinion you can get significantly better FC boards for relatively little extra cash! Examples would be: the MultiWii or the Naze - the latter being full 32-bit device. Just my opinion, but might be worth considering alternatives.

BEB