Sensitivity of Blade 180 cfx

Ross Clarkson

Hi,

Iv'e been flying the Helicopter above for a while now. Now, i understand how sensitive a flybarless collective pitch Heli is supposed to be but i would like to tone it down a bit, or at least have the option too.

What settings tone the sensitivity down? I have been told due to the way this specific Heli is set up that expo is not an option.

If you can set up the flybarless flight controller you don't need to add expo at the transmitter as you can adjust the flight controller to adjust the sensitivity. But if you wanted to make your sticks less sensitive around the center position then some expo would do this. I have a Blade 300x and added some expo and rates to make my inputs less sensitive.

The Blade 180 CFX does NOT respond well to expo, its flight controller does NOT respond in the same way as a 130x at all so do not follow advice for the 130x.

Use the Flight controller data given above by Frank. It is best to adjust Gain 4, Cyclic response.

(I own both, with two 130x's, one heavily customised. The 180CFX is WAY better than a 130x )

Well before I saw your responses I switched to DR 85% and added 30% expo on Aileron and Elevator and just been flying. The difference is remarkable, an almost uncontrollable Heli becomes a joy to fly.

I will at some point try and set up accordingly as per the manual provided above but in the mean time, thanks for all your help.

Then the latest 230s looks a much better bet for you,,,,,,,,,,, (I have one since last Sat, so not yet fully explored).

It has "Safe", panic to level flight recovery from any attitude (almost!!), and is inherently a lot more forgiving.

It also has minimal mechanics to break, so repair will be much much easier than the 180.

Not been able to fly it in space yet but it recovers well from main rotor just beyond vertical side or nose (which was as much as I was going to push it for a first try in a small back garden!!

Iv'e had approx 20-30 flights on the 180cfx with only one small incident where I tapped the tail rotor against a brick, thankfully the weak link broke and all that was needed was a new tail rotor shaft.

I can happily fly it, when I say 'mastering' i mean perfecting really. I'm sure i'll want the reactiveness later on when i progress to 3D but for now I am happy with it slightly less twitchy.

Thanks.