How many times a week do you get to pop down the patch?

Beth Ashby Moderator

I realise this has gone almost totally off topic, but I too was glad to retire. I worked in a fairly narrow but highish level in compulsory education. I liked the challenges and variety in the job, but the job was spoiled by the many government initiatives which took many many, hours to implement, were obviously a waste of time, and eventually were dropped. When the government ran out of new ideas they simply rehashed the old ones, gave them a new name and waited for them to fail again. In the last few years my 37 hour week was a minimum of 60+ hours a week. At least 40 of these hours were wasted on useless initiatives, planning and report writing to justify my existence in lieu of actually doing the job in schools, and aimless meetings that simply raised everyone's level of boredom. What a waste of taxpayers' money! I too grabbed early retirement when it came along.

Coming back on topic. Sorry Beth but being busily retired, flying has to contend with long holidays, doing jobs for the kids and around the house and garden, walking in the beautiful countryside around, and finally competing with the weather. Some weeks I never get out, other weeks I get to fly quite a bit (though others down at the club would dispute my use of the word fly). Bit difficult to tick any box really. crook

Advert

I have to confess that I am down to less than a month - and this is without peck marks smiley

Thing is I have to work to be able to get some kind of pension one day far away and I had a house renovation project which took all available time. And also - I watch other dull people (Daily Mail) by going to steam rallies or model railway exhibitions....

VA

• 4 weeks later...