Li-Po battery balance plugs

Advert

• 9 months later...
Having just converted from NiMH to LiPo, and reading how I should always ensure my cells are balanced, I bought a EQ-6+ balancer to go with my Pro Peak Sigma charger at one of the shows.

However it is still unused as my batteries have XH balance plugs, and Ripmax consider the XH balance adaptor board to be an optional extra, only providing TP and PQ adaptors.

No problem, I ordered one through my local model shop - only to find Ripmax are out of stock and no idea of when they will be coming in. (In fact looking at a couple of on-line stores, they are quoting Jan 1st!)

So 1st gripe to Ripmax - as others have stated, XH seems to becoming the standard, so why are you not ensuring your customers are supported here?

Which brings me to my question to the forum. Since I cannot get hold of an adaptor board, I thought I could make a cable up myself but I cannot determine the connector type at the end of the EQ-6+ balance harness. I think it matches the TP connectors - but what do I look for in the Farnell catalogue?

• 2 weeks later...
Further to my earlier post, having ordered a convertor lead I was still curious to determine the various plug types so I could post the results for people wanting to make their own cables.

I contacted ThunderPower themselves to ask them directly for the spec or type of the connector and got a rapid but not very helpful reply ...

'We use ThunderPower connectors!'

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone identify what the balancing connector on the Electrify lipo batteries are? I have a Triton battery charger and want to make all my battery balance connectors the same for all my batteries.
I have several hyperion batteries that need to have the same balance connector as the Electrifly ones.
Can anyone tell me where I can buy them from? Electrifly won't help me.

• 4 weeks later...
slightly off topic-but mentioned earlier in the post/threado---was free gift with the mag(david's hair fall's out)....remember not so long ago when we would get a sheet of decal's...RCME logo on the front cover..to use on our model's...excellent..bring them back please....

ken anderson.....

• 6 months later...
Trying to put an order together for some JST XH connectors with Farnell, but to make the order up to £20 I may as well get some servo connectors (pins & housings, male and female).  Not having any joy finding what I need, there's a plethora of connectors!!  Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
Al