2.4 rx installations

Advert

Which rx's are you using?  I think you went with Spectrum, did'nt you? if so and you'er using the 6200 or 7000 or higher spec rx the easy solution is to put a a piece of heat shrink over the antenna wire and the plastic moulded tube it exits thru, it's worked well for me, I think Timbo has posted pictures of his similar mod.

AR6100 should be fine as I persume you will only be using this in ep models with very low vibration, you could put a blob of silicone were the wires exit the case, I have had to bend the wire slightly on an AR7000 installation  with no adverse range problems, just keep the main rx and the satellite rx as far apart as possible (2 inch is recommended at least).

Eric Bray wrote (see)

I've got the Futaba, but I think the same rules apply here. The antenna wires are supposed to be set at 90' to each other, (ie in an L shape with the box in the middle). Try to have one pointing upwards, with the model in its normal upright orientation, and the other pointing towards the tail feathers, unless you have used carbon or wire bowdens or pushrods, in which case try to get the horizontal antenna wire at 90' to them as well, ie sticking out sideways.

A small curve in the wire is ok, but don't put a sharp bend in halfway along one wire. It won't hurt the wire, providing you don't keep bending and rebending it, but it will play havoc with the received signal 'pattern'. See my previous explanation of radio waves, in another thread, for a fuller understanding.

Well no actually. The spekky "single receiver units" such as the AR6100 have wires exiting from either side of the case and they remain so - not at 90 degree to one another. With the twin rcvr units ( AR7000 etc ) again, leave the aerials straight, but mount one unit with the aerial at 90 degree.

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/glue.jpg

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/SL270741_0.jpg

The picture above just about shows the location of the main and satellite receivers - main has aerial "across" the fuselage, and the satellite can just be seen stuck to the side of the fus therefore presenting the aerials at 90' to the main.

thread Here.