bixler 2 motor issue

rcaddict

ok so I have had to replace the motor as when I put full throttle on the the shaft was moving forward, my question is as this is a pusher set up what is meant to stop the shaft doing this

there is a circilp at the rear of the motor (which would be fine for a tractor setup)

I do have to confess that this only happened after the canopy blew off and hit the prop !

hope this all makes sense

Advert

Not about to take mine apart, but there is nothing missing from the silver rotor end externally on yours.

If all you want to do is find out take it apart!!!

I think if i wanted to use it again, I'd just fit a collet or part of a prop driver which allen keyed onto the shaft up against the pulled through shaft and would fit behind the real prop driver, or shorten the shaft with a dremel cutter disc so the real prop driver sat closer to the silver rotor drum and held it in place (with enough clearance allowance for heating up).

What might stop that would be if as well as moving fore and aft if the shaft had no grip to the magnet drum, as there would be no prop drive!!

The only thing holding the shaft in place is its 'tight fit' in the motor bell or in many cases aided by a grub screwl.

Without a grub screw as in your motor the shaft should not be removable from the motor bell without considerable force. In your case the shaft may also have been also be held in place with a lock tight type glue.

The grub screw on a typical small out runner motor.

Bbell grub screw

Unless you can make the shaft a very tight fit on the motor bell the motor is not usable. After all it is the motor bell itself that generates the rotary motion.

Edited By Simon Chaddock on 10/01/2016 15:48:59