F450 & NAZA V2 help needed

Andy Green

Following on from a previous thread from last year, I have committed and bought a DJI F450 with Naza V2 controller from quadcoptors.co.uk.

First problem I had was I couldn't install the Windows drivers, and was told by their support guy to try a MAC. Fortunately I was able to do this, got everything connected up, and have had a few successful flights.

But....

What is happening is the throttle blips, only for a fraction of a second on all four motors, and the quad drops a few inches.

I have asked the support guy again but the only info he gave me was the Gains need adjusting.

I have asked if there are any std setups I could have to program mine with, but have not heard back (I have asked twice).

Does anyone have one of these with a working setup they can share? or any other reason why the motors blip.

Andy

Advert

Hi Andy,

I very much doubt that gain settings would cause the blips you are seeing. I flew an F450 with Naza M V2 on default gains and it flew just fine. Gains generally affect how smoothly or aggressively a quad will respond to turbulence or control inputs.

A few questions:

Do the blips occur in both atti and GPS modes?

What radio equipment are you using?

What firmware version is in the Naza?

Are the motors and ESCs stock DJI ones?

Cheers,

Tim.

Hi Tim

All stock DJI bits and S-bus connection, with a Fry Sky TFR 8 SB Rx

Have noticed something strange, looks like its momentarily going into failsafe.

If I have it connected to the MAC (can't install drivers on PC) the monitor showing the mode jumps to failsafe and the LED on the RX flashed red.

So doesn't look like a Naza issue.

Andy

I have a DJI 450 which I built and have flown very successfully. I found the DJI site and the videos on there extremely helpful in setting it up. It explains how to calibrate your sticks and how to set up the switches for GPS, Failsafe etc. You will have to adjust endpoints to ensure that the switches do what you want. But it's all explained in the videos.

Just go to DJI.com and look for the right videos.

David