middle phase

Hi to all. I am thinking about building a middle phase slope soarer hopefully for myself and my friend. Am I right in thinking that the 2 channel and the 3 channel share the same fuselage as I fly 3 channel but my friend is a complete beginner. That way I can build one plane with two wings plus a bit of wiring jiggery to suit us both. Any help would be most welcome.

Advert

Just my opinion, but a r/e balsa model is no longer the way I recommend newcomers to slope soaring to go. You absolutely can learn with one, but any crash will normally end your day prematurely, and given almost all the models that follow it with will have ailerons why not just start with them? I prefer a cheap, simple foamie wing or tailed soarer - they survive the knocks, fly in a wide range of conditions and are more fun for a longer period of time. I'm particularly fond of the Windrider Bee/Irvine X-it, not because it flies better than other wings, but because it's a moulded EPP foam making it even more resilient. You can build one in an evening too!