Hi new to forum

stephen canham

Hi too everyone, ive been learning too fly my nitro helicopter now for over 3yrs and still not done a circuit, iv been teaching myself when i have some free time.Now im looking into joining a club that is happy taking in learners and helicopters, i live in creesage and iv been told there is a club that flies from condover, Any help would great and what will i need to pay. thanks very much Steve.

Advert

Stephen - the club that used to fly at Condover (they have a new field at Alcaston nearer to Craven Arms), is the Church Stretton Model Flying Club.

There was a heli only club called Newton Heli that flew near Shrewsbury Rugby Club but can't find any links to them now. Their contact details were on the notice board at Whitchurch Models.

I gave the link to my club, Shropshire Model Flying Club, in my answer to your post on the other thread you posted in. There are a few of us who fly helis as well as fixed wing, but it's probably not the best if you only want to fly helis.

The other option is Telford Model Aero Club. Their site is not far from you near Isombridge.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

David

Condover is not an active airfield - the name is really just a hang over. Today its basically an industrial estate and farmland. You can find list of the businesses based there here. But to be honest I doubt that they could help you much - although they might be able to supply a contact number for the current landowner.

BEB

Stephen - as I replied in my answer to your post above, the Church Stretton Model Flying Club used to have an arrangement to use an area of Condover, but it was never very suitable and the farmer just kept adding to the manure heap until it almost covered the runway. They now have a new field nearer to Craven Arms - see their website for details here. I believe this field is only suitable for hand launch or helis at the moment. Maybe they could give you a contact number if you want to investigate your own use of the Condover site.

Edited By David P Williams on 21/02/2016 20:28:58

Edited By David P Williams on 21/02/2016 20:29:22