Hi from Norfolk

simon j 2

Advert

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes there are a few clubs in my area although dont know how full they are but will contact them shortly to see if i can pop along. Bought a couple of books to read about the hobby and also of course the magazines.

Im going to the LMA flying show at Tibenham in May as its just down the road from me and i cant wait smiley

Hi Simon and welcome from Kent.

Go and visit a few clubs if you can, it's about finding a group of guys you get on with. Just remember we are by and large a group of grumpy old gits that just want to fly (that'll put the cat amongst the pigeons!) it can take a few visits to whatever club you join before the ice gets broken and you feel part of the group. That's not model flying that's just human nature I'm afraid!

Nevertheless the social side is a great part of the hobby, sharing successes and commiserations, trying not to laugh when a club mate piles one in etc.

Shaunie.

Edited By Shaunie on 29/04/2016 22:03:25

Hi Simon

Welcome to a great hobby. I also live in Norwich and belong to the South Norfolk Model Flying Club. We have about 80 members with room for more, experienced instructors to help you learn to fly and a very good flying site 2 miles south of Wymondham. Most importantly folk are very welcoming, encouraging and irreverent!

A Google search will take you to the website where you will find everything you need to know.

Paul