Will this ESC be sufficient for a stock Parkzone Radian (NOT PRO)?

Stock ESC is this: **LINK**

Cheaper replacement I have purchased is this: **LINK**

I wanted the 40a Turnigy Plush which is in my other Radian and has worked perfectly. This Radian also has the Spektrum TM1000 telemetry module.

The 40a is out of stock everywhere unless I pay silly money or wait forever for UK stock from HK. I ended up buying the much cheaper again 30a Plush, but not from HK. It's going in a totally stock Radian (my son's).

Below is a pic of both ESC's side by side now that I have put the connectors on the new 30a. The 40a is beefier, even the battery leads are thicker and it has a ferrite ring on it. I think the 40a is switching unlike the (linear?) 30a, although the stock 30a Eflite is also switching.

I really don't know what this all means in real terms apart from possibly heat and reliability differences maybe? I don't even know if this is an issue on a small 3 channel foamie glider anyway!

tp front.jpgtp back.jpg

Advert

If the stock ESC for the Radian is 30A, then the Plush 30A will be fine. Only way to satisfy yourself is to put a wattmeter in line and see what the current draw is. If it's over 30A, then the simplest option would be to reduce the prop size or pitch, or source a different 40A ESC. The Plush ESCs are actually Hobbywing Pentium (Flyfun more recently) so if you can find one of those, you'll be OK.

Pete