Avios Sea Fury/Riff Raff

Erfolg

Thanks for the reply Trevor.

When I have managed to get the flap servos to work which came with my model, they are not obviously slow moving. Although that will not matter as I intend to replace both servos.

Just as a precaution, I plugged two 9g servos onto the board and then operated them via the Tx. They did work as a pair, the one thing i did not check if they both operated in the sane sense, as required for flaps, rather than as they are required for Ailerons.

I will confess that I came close to cocking up the test, as I inadvertently plugged both servo leads into the Aux ports on the circuit boards. When using the Tx my heart sank as nothing happened. It was only on undertaking a check, which should have been done prior to my investigation, that I realised what I had done. I am growing very weary of this model, it would seem, bored by the constant dismantling then reassembly etc. It seems I have become less than vigilant.

I will be making preliminary investigative surgery this evening.

All other foam ARTF model I have with long servo lead runs that I have, all have extension leads to obtain the total length required. I am hoping That this is what has been done here. Although on other models, the connectors and leads have been visible, unlike this model. But I am hopeful.smiley

Advert

I have working flaps now.

wp_20160701_20_49_38_pro.jpg

The circuit board marked up

wp_20160701_20_48_52_pro.jpg

The wing opened up, where the gallery/tunnel runs containing the servo wires. Not altogether obvious, although with a little investigation and logic found. For example draftsmen like straight lines, either horizontal or vertical, as do machinists.

wp_20160701_20_57_59_pro.jpg

I found two servos with pretty much identical lead lengths and case sizes.

wp_20160702_13_41_03_pro.jpg

wp_20160702_13_41_21_pro.jpg

wp_20160702_13_41_33_pro.jpg

With wing closed up servos working.

As I guessed I needed a servo signal reverser.

Now to continue with the setting up.

I am now moving towards completion, although still painfully.

I totally agree the propeller hub and the spinner itself are fragile. I will need to explore the alternatives, as the spinner is massive 90 dia and 12" diameter 4 bladed propeller.

I have looked at the kit and can only assume that the self adhesive Velcro type pads are intended to hold the Lipo in Place? A 6s 3600 Lipo is a chuncky beast. I am assuming that you all undertook some mods to also strap the Lipo in place, what?