Flap help please

David perry 1

Setting up my Blaster I have ailerons on ch 2 and 4. I have the ailerons sorted but have tried to put flaperon as thus:

GV1 used to set the throws.

Flight Modes 0,1,2, set on SE up, mid, down.

Trying to get

flaps slightly UP,

Slightly down

Full down

In accordance with SE posn.

BUT...I get the channel 2 surface working fine but channel 4 surface works fine as aileron but is reversed on flap switch. I can adjust and set the FM0 setting, slightly up, but nothing else.

What am I missing??

D

Advert

For flaperons I prefer to have a separate logical channel for the flap function, for example if ailerons are on CH1 and CH5, then I'll have CH6 as the flap function. That keeps all the switch weightings and flight modes etc in just one place, on CH6. To apply that you just need +25% CH6 on one aileron, and -25% on the other, or whatever percentage suits.

I think what Tony means is to set one mix channel as flap and to then add a mix line into each aileron sourced from the flap channel, so the flap channel is just used to hold the flight mode settings. This does allow you to have a single point of control for flap settings which will be passed on to both ailerons automatically. You could set up the flap control in the Inputs tab.

Logical switches are non-physical switches that you can set up to control how other functions act. Typically on a 3S electric model I'd set up a line eg L1 (switch ID) a<x CELS 9.3 2s which means if the telemetry value CELS (total battery voltage) is less than 9.3 volts for more than 2 seconds set switch L1 to ON. Then in Special Functions I'd set up a line L1 Play Track 'BatLow' repeating every 15 seconds.

Logical switches can use pretty much anything as a criteria - stick or switch position, global variable, telemetry value - and can be combined using AND to build up complex functions.