Proxxon FET saw - is it me?

Spikey

I had a feeling the guard would be a PITA and it surely is but nevertheless I am well pleased with my new Proxxon FET saw. However ...

Is it me, or what? If I slacken the locking lever for the longitudinal stop, then tighten the yellow knurled knob, shouldn't that lock the stop to the scale on the front of the saw, so that moving the scale moves the stop with it?

However I look at this and whatever I try, the pressure pad doesn't even contact the scale, never mind lock to it.!

PS Also, what's that curious symbol about on the face of that pressure pad?

Advert

Posted by Spikey on 18/07/2016 13:44:02:

PS Also, what's that curious symbol about on the face of that pressure pad?

do you mean the Bull? I have a proxxon KS230 saw that has a led next to the symbol that changes from yellow to red if you over strain the motor. I think it means don't go at it like a Bull but ease the material in gently

The pressure pad on my rip guide contacts the scale, maybe you, or the retailer, have to move the little [black] pushnut in the pad.

I think the symbol just means that it is made from e recycled aluminum.

pushnut.jpgsymbol.jpgpressure pad.jpg

Edited By Steven Shaw on 18/07/2016 14:03:30

Thanks very much for that Steven. I phoned Axminster about it and after talking the issue through with a very helpful bod on their technical staff, I'm now waiting for an exchange complete longitudinal stop assembly, which they have in stock.

First time in 20-odd years as an Axminster customer I've had to use their customer service, and I'm very impressed indeed. Even the phone call was free smiley