Best position for FPV Tx Quanum Nova

I have just fitted my FPV Tx on my Quanum Nova, but at a distance of just 30 feet as it moves around I keep losing the picture,the monitor is on a tripod in the open ,transmitter is underneath next to camera mount aerial horizontal,both aerials are standard rubber ducks.Should it be on top with aerial vertical same as on monitor.

Chris

Advert

I don't read that as the Rx aerial being under the Tripod!!

Rubber duck aerials are notoriously poor when used for 5.8GHz analogue video.

The simplest way to be sure you are not losing reception power at source is to fit circular polarised antennae to both Rx and Tx. I use budget ones from HobbyRC, sold as a pair. Even these cheap ones are far superior to RDs. (I use Right handed, RHCP, as this appears to be the more common default supplied with some models)

Secondly make sure the Tx aerial on the model is not under some flight orientations being masked for any time by frame/battery/etc, ideally you need to maintain unobstructed direct line between aerials.

Thank you both for your replies,the Rx antenna was away from the tripod ,but obviously needs to be up high ,In the open.I have heard a lot about circular polarised antennas so will have a look on hobby rc,as for Tx I shall put it on top of the Quanum ,it will also be away from the Rx for controlling the Quanum and camera.I believe the Go Pro can emit interference.

Chris