Beautiful Ford Flivver scale 1:5

Bjarne Kvilvang

The Ford Flivver was a single-seat aircraft introduced by Henry Ford as the "Model T of the Air". The first example was displayed at the 1926 Ford National Reliability Air Tour. The aircraft was a welded steel tube fuselage, with wood wing construction with fabric covering. The steerable rudder mounted tailwheel was also the only wheel with a brake.

Wing Span: 136.5 cm
Engine: SC 80 FS
Pilot: Bjørn Michael Bye

Hope you like the video.
Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ......................wink

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang
Flying electric and metanol planes and has been flying sens early 80's
Currently do I have about 20 planes in the hangar, wingspan from 50cm to 250cm.
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel, normally do I upload videos several times per month.

Nice to see this unusual subject, it's fairly rarely modelled.

My father did a Flivver for an OS .20 / .28 fs at 1/6th scale..... it was a bit twitchy to fly even after careful trimming, very short moment arms and big controls surfaces. Once the control input was mastered it was really quite docile.

I doubt that there's another tail dragger with such awesome ground handling, once it was down it was stuck until you told it otherwise.

Josip Vrandecic:
You are welcome Jo...... laugh Hi is all ready on the dark side as the most of us, but there are still som light left in him as in me to....... wink

Darrell Woodward:
I just love the odd models that isn't mass produced due to there shape or looks. Most of the are rather nice locking in their own way. I haven't flown this model, but Bjørn told me that he just needed som minor trimming on the maden, and it flew like a dream and that it is quite docile.... yes

fly boy3:
Thank you fly boy. We are flying on an airfield, if you look at my video "Late Summer meeting in Hede" did I start the first minute by flying over the field and filming it....... smiley

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang
Flying electric and metanol planes and has been flying sens early 80's
Currently do I have about 20 planes in the hangar, wingspan from 50cm to 250cm.
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel, normally do I upload videos several times per month.