BMFA R/C Scale Indoor Nationals 23rd October 2016

I was hoping to give the upcoming Nats a mention in my column, but alas the column will be out after the event has taken place. I have just received the latest BMFA magazine and the event is not in the calendar, so I thought I would create a thread to let you know when and where it is happeing.

This years RC Scale Indoor Nationals are taking place at the RAF Shawbury Sports Hangar on October 23rd with a trimming day set for the 22nd.

The ever capable John Minchell is CD'ing the event and would welcome entries. I am waiting for confirmation that we contact the BMFA office to enter or John directly. Watch this space.

I am entering the scale flying only with an Ares Fokker DVII which I flew for the first time yesterday. I am also hoping to enter the scale class with an own design, if it is built in time!

In addition to the RC there will be two Free flight classes being run, open scale (rubber, Co2 and electric) as well as a class I am unfamiliar with called No Cal, this class is for profile rubber powered models, but very lightweight. The outlines formed by bending balsa strip.

RAF Shawbury is not far from Shrewsbury in Shropshire. (Used up my quota of "SH" in one sentence there! )

If you fancy taking part let me know and i will forward your details to John.

Cheers

Danny