Jump to content

Danny Fenton

  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Danny Fenton last won the day on July 8

Danny Fenton had the most liked content!


Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Danny Fenton's Achievements



  1. Yep within 1mm for the most part. Worried the baffling will work in the air but not on the ground, as Colin alludes to with his fw190.
  2. Okay cheers, anybody any idea of cylinder temp, as i have a temp gun i could measure it through the cowl nose opening Cheers Danny
  3. Hi Colin, the mixture was way to rich, there is possibly not a vibration issue any more. 1hr round trip to go run it has put me off doing any more. Was hoping to fly the Auster in the scale comp this Wednesday but havent had time to mess with it further.... i will fly my new Chippie instead. Out of interest what are the symptoms of overheating? I havent run this with the cowl on yet, what should i look out for? Cheers Danny
  4. 16 oz Alan! Yeah the vibrations were a lack of running in and massively rich low end. We will see how it behaves now. Cheers Danny
  5. I tried rubber, it melted and exhaust was worse. Lets see how this is before we go hacking the front about. Cheers Danny
  6. Alan to be honest i have no idea. I have tried to do as others have suggested, i will run it like this, if it breaks again, i will re-think. I have a 5065 Turnigy that would drop straight in....... only kidding.....
  7. Okay its been three weeks and the silicone tube still hasn't arrived. Most shops had no stock, the one I ordered from clearly didn't have what they stated, or couldn't find it. Anyway got fed up with waiting and silver soldered the pipe back together. This time I added two rigid mounting plates, these are bolted to the bulkhead and an additional ply plate. I hope this will be sufficient. Want to get on and fly it! Cheers Danny
  8. Thanks Paul, you are thinking of the J-3 Cub Paul, Chippy from the front seat when solo Cheers Danny
  9. manage to drag Chris B away from his telly and down to the flying patch for a Chippy maiden. Thanks Chris. It flew really well and I am amazed that more haven't bought these, maybe it is the awful choice of colour? The Canadian Air Force is fine, but very easy to have the same as the next guy. a red white and grey version or a silver one would have given the buyer the ability to personalise the aircraft as they like. Anyway thx Chris for the pics awaiting clearance rotating low pass from the right Finals Made a short video to celebrate the event, flying is a bit dull and landing not my best, but in fairness it was a maiden in blustery wind Cheers Danny
  10. There were quite a few aero-modellers present, which was very heart warming. Graham Ashby made the long run from Kent too. Alex will be sadly missed, we were all still in a state of shock and couldn't really believe it had happened. Taken way too soon. D
  • Create New...