H.K Slick 55 epp/light plywood 3D 1430 mm

Advert

I used kavan furry hinges and foam safe cyano, glued hinges into control surface first then (when dry) into body, do all my hinges in that order, I know that this is frowned upon but I have never had a failure (yet).

On my maiden flight - when landing I ran out of elevator (low rates) and took my undercarriage off, don't know what to advise as mine was only lightly glued in so repair was quite easy, I have read that it needs glueing in with lots of epoxy trouble is then if you have a hard landing it will be hard to fix. looking forward to my next flight as i am using this plane as a test bed for the taranis S6R.

Til

• 6 months later...

Hi John, I've just acquired one of these in a swap deal. Can you tell me what servos,esc,battery and motor you used please.

I agree it does feel very flimsy. How did yours fly? Is it still in one piece?

I'm hoping to 'tame' it down a bit until I get used to it,then up the throws gradually.

Thanks, John

Here's Hobby Kings recommendations, the lipo mah is nonsense, i used 3300mah ones and only got 5minutes.

I used stuff i had already John, hitec 225 servo's, too big i had to enlarge the holes, loads of servos that'll fit on H.K measure the holes and find some minis your happy with, Metal geared ones.

Esc Plush60 amp in mine and motor is NTM35/48 900kv ...815 watts. lipo 4cell 3300mah.

It flys very smooth, no bad manners and not twitchy if you reduce the rates, mine flap like barn doors on full rate but it's still nice to fly, landing/take offs very straightforward, aerobatics very crisp, 3D yep if you're good enough, i'm rubbish at it face 1

If i was buying, i would go with an SK3 from the 42 range at H.K and 5 cell lipo 4000-4500 mah. Nice model you'll enjoy it.

John