Lidl Fret/Scroll Saw

Despite some iffy on line reviews by people who have bought one in the past, I picked a Parkside scroll saw today from Lidl.

The price shown was £49.00 reduced from £59.00, but when I got it to the till I found it had been reduced again to £39.00.

I'm not expecting Hegner quality, but it's actually made by Scheppach, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Advert

• 4 months later...

they are probably all gone by now but Sunday 5 Feb LIDL have mini disc sanders on sale for £29.99

good little sander , you need to use a set square to accurately set up the table angles but it works pretty well, I have used it to square up end sections of balsa and spruce

tonight I used it to sand down formica patterns/guides to cut a foam wing excellent finish and needing only a light sanding with fine wet and dry to give it an extremely smooth edge

the sanding disc size is 125 mm , so your only going to be using half of that. speed is variable , up to about 3000rpm ad it is pretty smooth with little vibrations at the slower speed, but it comes witha clamp to fasten it down onto a bench or table if needed

my local shop had 10 to start with, today there were 2 left