Taranis setup for a warbird

Bob Cotsford

BEB has asked for examples of how we use OpenTX to set up our models so I'll throw my FW Ta152 setup into the mix. It's a typical warbird with flaps and electric retracts, the only extra I'm using is an on-board glow unit which can be controlled by a spare channel. The model layout uses digital servos to allow me to use S-Bus decoders to drive the wing servos and retracts, YOU MUST NOT USE 'ANALOGUE' SERVOS WITH S-BUS! You can try if you like but take my word for it, it gets expensivecrying

First my inputs, with rates, expos and curves. The curve on ignition is so that I can use rotary control S1 as a switch. Aileron and elevator have an extra 100% drop-through lines so that if the rate switching should be corrupted it will pick up this default value.

fw inputs.jpg

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 12/10/2016 10:48:38

Advert

As my lousy editing on the .JPGs has left white space I'll put the screen shots as separate postsblush

Mixes - here I use inputs to drive multiple channels e.g. for twin elevator servos, with the flap compensation mixed in.

Note the two retract channels 5 and 6, the right leg is coupled direct to my retract switch while the left leg is given a 1.5 second delay, just because I can with Taranislaugh

fw mixes.jpg