Advert

Hi, I have also recently considered this model. It is a fairly complex /challenging build for both the fuselage and the wing plus the plan includes a design for the mechanical retracts that are needed if you wish to be "true to scale"

I found two blogs that relate to building this model, neither seem to have progressed to completion. I decided that I have too many projects "available" just now so have put it on the back burner.

**LINK**

**LINK**

I have some further info which I will PM to you but this will take a few days before I get time to scan the info etc.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve. I, too, found the RCG build blog & it was the concerns raised about the accuracy of the plan which prompted me to post here. I cannot find the wing build in the other blog.

I built the semi-scale version (RC1181) in 1980, powered by a Fox 49 it flew beautifully. I may just scale up that plan by 15%.

I came back to flying several years ago after a long break & am still surprised at the increased engine size commonly used. After all engines are all more powerful than they were 30 years ago.

Thanks again

Tony