Ultimate Bipe

I bought a saito 125 for my yet to be completed goldberg ultimate, but because of other commitments on the bulding board it's not going to be finished this year, or next by the look of things.

Outcome is I want an artf ultimate for the 125 and I'm torn between a seagull and a black horse one.

Does anyone know the all up weight of the blackhorse one as the seagull one looks like it'll be about 10lbs, the components for my goldberg one add up to 8 lb give or take a 1/4lb, so it's that figure I'd like to match.

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

The Blackhorse Ultimate is a fabulously good aeroplane.  

It is well-built and flies superbly.  Mine has stood the test of time (it is about three years old) and still gets taken out to play (thrashed) on a very regular basis.

It weighs about 9 or 10 pounds and is powered by an ASP 120 F/S.  This has proved to be sufficient power to go vertical, and is just about “right” for this particular model.

Another plus point is that it (just) fits into my estate car without having to go through the fiddly task of remove the wings, so the model stays assembled all the time.

It’s a very easy aeroplane to live with, and huge fun.

B.C.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Modeldemon/ARCHIVE2066.jpg

Thanks Brian, as it happens I've had a resurgence in my enthusiasm for building and I've ordered up the covering so I can finish the goldberg one off.

As a self employed person I can find a couple of hours every day to do a little bit of building and it's absolutely amazing how quickly things go together. The other secret is to have more than one model on the go, at present I've the goldberg ultimate, a goldberg c/w cub, an acrowot, a 1/4 scale Zlin and a ben buckle super scorpion on the go, the latter will be finished by tuesday, then the cub, then the ultimate then I've a flair fokker d7 in the loft to take their place as they come off the production line.

I still fancy that black horse ultimate though and if the goldberg one doesn't do it for me I'll try one. Many thanks for the advice.