Tony Nijhuis 72"mossi

john marsh

Advert

No experience of this model directly but on the twin i just built (and the others before it) my engines are pretty much 0-0 on their thrust lines.

If the plans show right/down thrust then you should probably follow that unless it looks really excessive.

Which engines do you plan to use? a pair of 50-60 4 strokes would be my recommendation

I dont think they would be too crazy. The twin I am currently flying is 75'' span and 13lbs. I have two Laser 70's in that and performance is pretty much unlimited. I have heard that the TN Mozzie can get pretty fat so the extra power may not be a bad thing

The biggest problem would be making them physically fit and finding a space for the fuel tank as it will need to be mounted low and could foul the retract mounts.

I know sorry it should be 4strokes just keeping my options open I really appreciate your help with this to be honest lhave only just lifted the box lid on this one but I do like to know where I'm going before I start which I hope will be in the next 4-6weeks so please don't rush to get me the info but I will look toward to hearing from you many thanks.

I think the 70 will be very tricky to fit as the fuel tank will need to go where the retracts are. I was trying to see if there was enough width to get a tank down beside the retracts but it wasnt very clear on my plan as i only have the free one and not the full version.

With the plans all laid out i was reminded that its not actually a very big model and i think my original suggestion of two 50 4 strokes would be much better as they are smaller and would need smaller tanks. Just try and keep the weight down, 12lbs is about where i would like to see it.

dsc_0253.jpg