Quantum II 40 issues

David Murray 3

After a really frustrating day im hoping someone can offer some help on the Quantum II 40 motor that i have installed into a Wot 4 (My sons Christmas present) We were planning to fly it tomorrow but sadly thats not going to happen now,

I could not find the recommended Quantum 60 ESC in stock anywhere so i have used a 65A Turnigy AE programmable ESC which i had waiting for the Galaxy magician im building. I thought it should be ok, however although it initialises the motor ok it wont run the motor smoothly. It is very rough and after spending most of the day trying all the different configurations and timings and hours of listening to beeps im no nearer to getting this to work. The ESC instructions say there are three motor types and i have tried every timing setting on every motor type without success even though the motor turns smoothly by hand

Is it possible that the motor is simply not compatible with this ESC? If so can anyone recommend something that works other than a Quantum 60 which i cant find available? I dont think the ESC is faulty as it runs another turnigy motor just fine. I guess the motor could be duff but its brand new.

Edited By David Murray 3 on 01/01/2017 20:50:31

Advert

I pulled another ESC from another model and tried the motor with that - it ran for a few seconds and then started the same juddering. Give both ESC's work fine with other motors I think this concludes that its the motor that is faulty and i wasnt prepared to start trying to fix it so i have returned it. I just hope i can find one elsewhere as that was their last one.