Das Ghosten Flugboot pretending to be a grown up :-)

Raymond Richards

imag0833.jpgimag0832.jpgflugboot 7.jpgflugboot 6.jpgflugboot 5.jpgflugboot 4.jpgflugboot 3.jpgHi folks, this is my version of the free plan. I posted some pccy in the stcky from Ton. As I found a few pictures of the build I thought I would post them here for what they are worth. It is a great simple build and all I did was to add a few bits and bobs. ..BTW the two pilots are from 1/20th Tamiya formula 1 pit crew figures. Build as explained in the article.....whole thing has three coats of sanding sealer.....then I added the strakes on the top deck,, then lightly sanded then one more coat of sanding sealer ..The underside of the fuselage is tissue covered and also the main wing ......The paint is actually primer from the ACTION (one of those budget "dont think just buy" shops that sells everything !!!) shop near me .

If has flown on a 1300Mah 3-cell Lipo and flies extremely well...slow and predictable....looksflugboot 2.jpg a treat flying by just above head height. For water I would need to build the tip floats, but as yert have not done this...Also I need to detail some ailerons ect etc ...just for show of course,,,this is strictly back to baisic 3 channel/

All the very best to all

Happy landings

Rflugboot 1.jpg

Sorry,This not a proper build thread really. I posted this originally in Ton Van Munsterens sticky thread on RCME plan built models.

"Here is my version of last weeks free plan...Das Ghosten Flugboot...I always liked the 'look' of this years back and it reminded me of a Dornier Wal....Anyway here she is, running a 1400kv motor, 1300 3-cell lipo and a 5" x 4 bladed Drone prop. I must say for a 3 channel model she flies brilliantly....very stable and predicatable.....and as an English,am living in the Netherlands, here she is as she might have been........if she has served with the Dutch Navy !"

Hope this helps

Ray

Edited By Raymond Richards on 02/01/2017 20:03:51

Posted by Raymond Richards on 02/01/2017 20:02:50:

Sorry,This not a proper build thread really. I posted this originally in Ton Van Munsterens sticky thread on RCME plan built models.

"Here is my version of last weeks free plan...Das Ghosten Flugboot...I always liked the 'look' of this years back and it reminded me of a Dornier Wal....Anyway here she is, running a 1400kv motor, 1300 3-cell lipo and a 5" x 4 bladed Drone prop. I must say for a 3 channel model she flies brilliantly....very stable and predicatable.....and as an English,am living in the Netherlands, here she is as she might have been........if she has served with the Dutch Navy !"

Hope this helps

Ray

Edited By Raymond Richards on 02/01/2017 20:03:51

Thanks, that's helpful. I meant there wasn't much info in the RCM&E article, sorry if it sounded like I meant your post!

• 1 month later...