How did he miss the 2 fences and the puddle?

Roger T

Advert

• 1 month later...

I can vouch for the honesty of the picture (although obviously not for the strange crouching guy who had the transmitter at the time) as I took this and another from the other side off the fence where he is standing.

Keith came back for the landing at White Sheet and the wind pushed him way too far back downwind. He was only partially in sight of the plane and it went out over the back of the right hand fence (in the picture) some 100 yds from the face. He suddenly realised he was heading for this and pulled in up, nearly stalled ,but hopped it over the fence, got it flat and it glided into a perfect landing in a clump of grass just above the pond and shy of the left hand fence.

The fence to fence gap was about 25 feet and the heights are about 4.5 feet. When you see by how much Keith misses the target area (30 paces square) at our club HLG evenings, with an absolutely free choice of approach heights and directions, you'll appreciate how remarkable this landing is (for him !).

Roger T

Thanks Guys

Strange guy in the picture here

As leader of the club HLG at the moment i can confirm (WITH ALL HONESTY) that I have found the landing zone 30 times this year so far.

Yes my slab of lead is heftily favourably handicapped compared to the Highlight Unlimited wisps but that is not my fault! It is also not my fault that some of them cant find the landing zone either

Keith

• 1 month later...

For anyone remotely interested ,

The club HLG is now completed and Keith, 'Strange guy in the picture here', won (through skill, the handicap system or outright bribery, we don't have enough proof to be sure of any of these), even though he found the landing zone 30 times (many feel that it wandered into the way of the aircraft durinng the landing). He carefully doesn't mention the other times (greater than 30) that he missed .

But then I may just be jealous (cos he beat me into second place).

Roger T

Your supposed to be on holiday in France at the moment Mr T. Have you made an unexpectedly early return or are you now keeping tabs on us from other nations?

I refute the suggestion/allegation that I missed the landing box more than 30 times as the score sheets clearly show. The box moving to catch up with my wayward glider may however be another issue. I can't confirm either way cos I simply based all landings on trying to put the thing down where you guys were landing yours! Box, what box?????

Sincerely, the leader of the gang

Keith