Hubsan Spy Hawk *** HELP REQUIRED ***

Hi Everyone,

I'm having problems with my Hubsan Spy Hawk.

After an unsuccessful flight today which ended in a light crash in long grass. (No physical damage) I returned home and went to perform a system check.

I switched everything on and the plane binded quickly to my tx but then I noticed the port side aileron start twitching. Then it stopped working all together. Then the monitor on the TX froze. I switched everything off and then turned everything back on to find that the aileron has stopped working all together. So has the elevator and the screen on the TX is now black.

The grass was damp today so I'm hoping maybe some moisture has got in and it will work tomorrow.

I'm clinging on to that hope.

Anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks

Richard

Advert

Reading the manual Richard, the camera module can overheat, if the plane is not moving and cooling the unit after 2 minutes and the screen can go Blank.

Check there is cooling, and am afraid you cannot just leave the unit on without flying

Incredibly, after an arrival, maybe 3 minutes walk from you, then the unit will have overheated?

Newcomers to FPV do not generally appreciate the temperature that a FPV Video Transmitter can quickly reach, I know I didn't! In my case the realisation was nearly being burned by the aerial and that was with a quad FPV all PCB, etc, exposed to air.

I had one mini quad where the combo aerial was dislodged, and swung back and down to perfectly short the main flight controller PCB supply. On checking I found the FC board working (well it would as its supply had been removed!), but the camera combo was "dead".

On further checking I found that the main supply wiring to the combo had acted as a fuse and had melted apart inside the cable insulation, so quite a current had passed!

I rewired it, and it worked and works to this day, so you might well get it all back OK.

Obviously Richard, connect up with no battery connected. Tether the model for brief checks. Have correct movements rehearsed in your mind so that you can quickly see correct sense on the model to stick movements. The stabilisation arms automatically, but give that a fair chance by having the model level at start up.