Ditching Glitches

Hi,

The field where I fly has one area that is prone to glitches.

Its not been too much of a problem with my mpx E* and EEG as a glitch or two it not fatal and its not always present, when going through that area, but it neaarly killed my attempt at mastering a gws formosa as its so much more aerobatic. The flight started well  (I was in control) climbed out and I put in a gentle turn to do a circuit, but when it reached this area it went crazy and bombed in. I can repair when the battery made its way through the fuse and stick the cracked wings, but am not in a hurry to give it another go without trying to solve the glitches.

I have a futaba 35MHz 6EAX and the recvr is a GWS Naro 4 channel. I have the speed controller by the motor and the esc radio side has and extension lead to the recvr that is behind the battery about 9 inches from the ESC. When it crashed I did a range check where it crashed and it appeared to be fine. I appreciate I'm not using top quality gear ( and cant afford to go 2.4).

Any suggestions to a low cost, but better recvr or any other fixes ?

Thanks

nick 

Advert

D/C would probably help  - you didnt mnention which ESC you sre using - some of the cheapies can generate a lot of noise. I found in some of my smaller and faster models that 2.4G was the only real cure - and I tried everything on 35mhz. The best reciever I tried ( but still glitched a bit ) was a schulze alpha mpx sunth DC are also good but not cheap.

I've heard the corona is very good from the fly electric coluom some months ago (almost a year - infact it might have been the christmus one) and my instructer likes them very much too! Friad I've started on 2.4GHz, so I can't comment.

I have three of the GWS Rx's you used.....and to be frank after bad experiences with them as to range and resistance to interference I am dubious of using them on indoor planes at short range, let alone full range aerobatic planes.

If you are on a limited budget, I have found the small light Hitec 05MS single conversion units are very good, and they have a fairly short seemingly well tuned aerial, good for small models.  I have eight currently in service.........

And yes, I use one in a Formosa which I have no reservations about taking a long long way from me..........been bullet proof............  (cue nasty incident!!!!  )