EFX all around flyer

Josip Vrandecic -Mes

Advert

Agreed It does look similar, but when all said and done isn't imitation is the greatest form of flattery? Good designs often get copied and two that spring to my mind are the Jart and Dreamflight's Alula, but in the great scheme of things does it really matter? Maybe the the original EFX was marketed with full approval so why get annoyed?

I get annoyed because Hobbyking think it's OK. They admitted it was a copy, and the prototype was even called a Zephyr, which is pretty poor. They tried to fob the original designer off with an EFX airframe, and a lot of other promises that never materialised.

If it was just a copy that one chap made, then it would be OK I guess, but HK purposefully copied the airframe to make money, and that's not on.

I understand Andy, but the Chinese are well known for copying just about anything invented in the rest of the wide world, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it, apart from vote with our wallets of course, and not many of us will do that if a bargain is to be had.

And the Zephyr is a copy of........(insert names here) . which is like a ............(insert names here)............. and so it goes on..........................

Don't see turn up wing tips, top mount faired servos, "cylinder" bulges of anything like the size, Tail shape, etc.

Anyway, they are both "like" a cough (Jart) cough.................................