Anyone have a mint Micron PL7D they could photograph please?

Phil Green

I'd like to acknowledge Terry's major contribution to R/C history with a section on the S/C & Retro RC website, his kits were bought in their thousands and many remain in use today. As a young teenager I flew with Terry, he was a dedicated Galloping Ghost enthusiast and designed & developed the Gallatrol GG system. We still exchange emails occasionally and he's thrilled to see that we're flying GG again 40+ years on!

The peak of Micron development was the PL-7D, yet on his own website (Norcim) the only photo Terry has of a PL7D is linked from the Science Museum, a tatty and sorry-looking example. So I'd like to find him a better photo.

Does anyone have a mint PL7D they would be willing to photograph please?
Preferably an identical setting to the Science Museum photo, well lit against a plain, light background.

Many thanks
Phil

Science Museum photo  http://collection.sciencemuseum.org.uk/objects/co8414268/micron-pl-7d-transmitter-hands-aircraft-control

Edited By Phil Green on 08/02/2017 23:36:37

Advert

Thats fantastic, thank you Richard! I wasnt even aware Micron had done a red one, it looks suberb.
Are you ok for me to use them as part of the RC history on singlechannel.co.uk please? (credited of course)

I'm glad I asked as I would never have seen the red one otherwise, however... I'm afraid I have a confession:
A couple of days after asking here and elsewhere if anyone had a PL-7D, it occurred to me that I'd seen one somewhere, some time ago... it all seemed very familiar.... and then I felt such a plonker when I found one in my collection that I've had since 2013! Its not as clean as yours but it should tidy up nicely, so we'll have photos of a matching red & white pair!

Many thanks Richard
Cheers
Phil

Hi Phil,
You're very welcome to use the pictures, glad to help.

I seem to remember being a little surprised when the transmitter kit arrived with
red parts - back in 1990 I think it was, but it does look good.
It was a great kit to assemble too.

Cheers
Richard

Edited By Richard Wood on 15/02/2017 07:46:05