Setting up RC for Howzat slope soarer using Spektrum DX6i

This is the servo setup as shown below looking rearward from front of fuselage. I'm using a 6 channel DX6i. I would like to know how to set up the ailerons / flaps so that I can use flaps attached to throttle to allow for controlled flap deployment when flying but then using flap switch on transmitter to apply full CROW for landings. So far I've got the flaps mixed to the elevator so that as flaps are deployed, then elevator up trim is applied. But when I use flap switch for CROW, each flap works in opposite direction!!!!!!!. How to solve this problem please?howzat rc setup.jpg

Advert

Martin, with the servos set up like that the only control that drives the ailerons in the same direction is the flap servo, so the inbuilt flapperon mix which requires a servo on each aileron won't work.

The best way to do what you want would be to reconfigure the ailerons onto separate servos, remove the flap servo and then set the wing up as dual aileron, then you can use the flapperon mix to have flaps on a switch and mix throttle to flap to get the stick to move the flapperons, you can set it up so the switch moves them one way and the stick the other.

Hi Martin

Its actually worse than that mate - Crow braking requires 4 separate surfaces (at a pinch, three if you just have one central flap, but that's a special case) crow braking then drops the inboard flaps while raising the outboard ailerons. This would be some trick with combined, full span ailerons / flaps, if I understand your set up correctly.

With only one moveable surface on each side full crow cannot be done - the best you can achieve is spoilerons.

You could mix that to your throttle stick using a free mixer rather than the dedicated crow function, but that's about it.

Sorry!

HTH

Tim