CO2 motor tank charging

Mike Bell

Advert

Knight and Pridham don't appear to make their Sodastream adapters anymore, but it would appear from this thread that Gasparin make adapters despite not listing them on their website.

**LINK**

**LINK**

Should you come across a Knight & Pridham adapter, Mike Woodhouse at Free Flight Supplies has spare parts:

**LINK**

It would be worth setting up an Ebay search in the 'Radio Control & RC Toys' section of 'Toys and Games'. If you cut and paste this into the search box, and click the green 'Follow this search', it will email you whenever something comes up:

(kp,pridham,co2,carbon dioxide,sodastream) (adapter,adaptor,fitting)

This site has some adapters for Czech and US bottles. Which of these equates to what is available in the UK, I have no idea. **LINK**

With regard to Sodastream bottles, car boot sales are good places to find them. We used to refill ours with a pub CO2 cylinder at the top of the stairs, through a pipe and some adapters at the bottom of the stairs (you want to fill the Sodastream bottle with liquid CO2, not just gas. The Health & Safety Executive would probably have had a fit, but it worked.

Try Derek Knight at **LINK**

I got my adaptor from him last year. I can't recall if it was the last of his old stock or if he's going to be making more; for fuller detail see **LINK**

He's been a bit ill recently but is on the mend.

There's certainly still a small (maybe very small) number of active CO2 scale enthusiasts. This is extraordinary: