Solarfilm ClearCote......

Gents, I have been contacted by a fellow aeromodeller in the good old U S of A asking if I know of an alternative product to Solarfilms' Clearcote. He has asked if Deluxe Materials "Cover Grip" is the same. Personally I think it is more like Solarfilms BalsaLoc ie a water based emulsion than the resin based & fuel proof Clearcoat....

A quick internet surf hasn't thrown up anything like Clearcoat other than possibly Oracovers' "Iron on Adhesive" with appears similar to Clearcoat.....I'm at a bit of a loss to know what to suggest other than buying Clearcote from the UK (assuming they would be willing & able to ship it to the US).

So I'm turning to the might of the forum in the hope that someone can point our friend in the right direction. I have sent him a link to this thread so hopefully he can pop by & benefit from your collective wisdom.....

Thanks in anticipation....thumbs up

Advert

Steve, I think Graeme is right about Balsarite, but I also think it was withdrawn from sale in many states as there were fears that some of the ingredients were carcinogenic. I believe that although it may be available again in some states, it is a "watered down" version.

They are a bit touchy about these things across the pond, but personally, as long as its used in a well-ventilated area (as recommended!), I don't see a problem....

--

Pete

Posted by Peter Christy on 26/02/2017 15:33:03:

Steve, I think Graeme is right about Balsarite, but I also think it was withdrawn from sale in many states as there were fears that some of the ingredients were carcinogenic. I believe that although it may be available again in some states, it is a "watered down" version.

They are a bit touchy about these things across the pond, but personally, as long as its used in a well-ventilated area (as recommended!), I don't see a problem....

--

Pete

But having a small arsenal of weapons under the stairs is fine....aren't our cousins a funny lot.