Large electric glider

Hi,

I've just bought a second-hand unflown Hobbyking Aether 3.7m electric glider and when I started to try building a travelling box I only just noticed the front section of the fuselage is not in line with the boom. As close as I can measure it is offset about 1degree to the left as you look from the front.

Can anyone suggest what effect this will have on the performance under power?

Thanks for any help.

Peter

Advert

Hi Peter

As folk haven't been rushing to offer advice, here's mine for what it's worth.

Incidentally do you have a manual, you can download one here: **LINK**

At least it is offset the right way for side thrust!, if you find it does affect the performance you could always dial in a bit of opposite aileron to correspond to your throttle setting if you have a computer radio. Maybe not ideal but you won't really know till you give it a go.

hello peter,as one who is fully qualified in building in warps,twists ect over some serious numbers of years ...I would say ignore it totally and fly and enjoy the model.after all the repairs of wings and fuz's ive done and looked at them and noticed the odd bends and kinks..... 1degree is neither here nor there.... and will be completely unnoticeable ..

ken Anderson...ne...1 bends and kinks dept.