July 2017 Issue - Coverage of the recent Indoor FF Scale Nats

I know this will probably mean little to the majority of RC forumites... but I was really chuffed to see Alex Whittaker's six-page coverage of the BMFA Indoor FF Scale Nats in this month's RCM&E. laugh

Although I was due to compete in the Kit Scale category for a second year running (albeit campaigning with last year's subject as my new one wasn't quite ready), I became unwell that weekend and had to cry off altogether. crying

The beauty of KS is that, while the intimidating master-works of the top Open class entrants can be admired and even aspired to, us ordinary mortals can still expect to achieve a competition-level model just by building a standard balsa and tissue model from a kit or a plan (of something that was originally available as a kit).

Anyone else involved - or interested - in this sort of free flight scale stuff, indoors or out?

Advert

Well done Monz on your KS 1st and impressive placings in other classes. laugh The article however was broad, and focussed on general interest and what could be photographed on a square on astro-turf - ie Peanut and Pistachio! - rather than the players and larger models.

Lots more photos and videos of the action here: **LINK**

Jon

Edited By Jonathan M on 04/06/2017 19:36:11

I would love to know if Peter Smart will be making the plans for the Slingsby Falcon available anytime soon or must I content myself with a Prefect???

Well done Monz on the videos and of course the KS win.