Channels vs Servos (DX8G2)

chris evans 8

I have a DX8G2 which was serving me perfectly well up until now with AR8000 receivers on models with 8 servos or less (no Y leads)

Now I am in the process of constructing a model which will require 10 receiver spaces (assuming i dont Y lead) but i am not sure if my transmitter will support it.

2 x AIL

2 x FLP

ELE

RUD

THR

IGN KILLSWITCH

AUTOSTARTER

PAYLOAD RELEASE

So my question is:

- does each port on a receiver relate to a single channel i.e 1 servo port /= 1 channel e.g dual aileron servos connected directly to RX = 2 channels

OR

- does each 'function' i.e AILE relate to a single channel. i.e if i have 2 servo ports used does that count as just AILE channel?

in which case i can buy a 12 channel receiver and still support it with my 8...

or am i barking up the wrong tree here?

thanks

Advert

8 channels means 8 outputs, i.e. 8 functions. You could Y lead (or say JR matchbox) the ailerons and flaps and possibly put the ignition kill switch and throttle on the same output if you can configure the killswitch to work on the throttle channel when the throttle cut button is pressed.

The other alternative would be to go with one of the newer flight controller/stabiliser units (e.g. MPX Wingstabi) which only use single aileron, flap, rudder, elevator inputs with multiple outputs, but in addition you'd need a gyro input channel.

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 09/06/2017 07:58:43