Impulse buy

Mark Dornan

Greetings

As I have just got back into the modelling scene after a 20 year absence, I was going to buy a 40 trainer etc and was scanning ebay etc for a bargain.

But today I saw something I couldn't resist, 2 Parkzone rtf's as new! .A P51 Mustang and a Focke Wulf 190, as I had been considering a  parkflyer and had my eye on the P51,I snapped both planes up for 106 pounds

The thing is have I made a mistake here? are these the correct type of planes I should have bought?

Advice please  

Advert

From a fellow beginner - um best not even try at first with these models, it will end in tears. I've maybe 200+ flights with a HZ Cub no major problems, some early flights with a PZ Trojan, lovely.

4 attempts at flying the PZ Mustang all ended in tears - it is on my bench at the moment whilst a major rethink is in order. Flying it was not all that difficult for me, but I simply could not land it without smashing it to pieces.

Keep the models for later and pick up an high wing electric foamy like the HZ Cub or similar, plenty of experienced people here to guide you. Life will be much happier.

if you haven't flown for 20 years, you are effectively a novice flyer. I'm afraid to say that warbirds (P51 and '190) aren't beginners planes. however, there is no need to sell as you will want something more challenging (and better looking) to move noto once you have mastered a simple low wing aircraft. I would start with a 40 size trainer, but if you can't wait to fly a warbird horizon hobby (hangar 9) do a mustang PTS (power training system) which should be fine with an instructor and buddy box. please don't take the parkzone models to the park because if you hit someone or something, you are liable.

Thanks for reply

Its not a question of holding on to them and buy another plane, I'm on a very tight budget lol and will need sell to buy another .

I don't want to risk smashing these warbirds as they will be right offs with no real salvage potential lol.

I'd rather have something sturdy with a glow engine and proper servos and reciever which can be reused should I destroy the plane.

Thanks

Mark Dornan wrote (see)

Its not a question of holding on to them and buy another plane, I'm on a very tight budget lol and will need sell to buy another .

i know what you mean.

You are absolutely correct about 'proper' servos and rx - i had a crashed PZ P51 (someone else crashed it!) which i rebuilt and the radio was simply awful! The rx/ESC burnt out just sitting on the ground!