taranis 2.19new model wizard

Glasshopper

I have a Taranis 9xplus on OpenTX2.1,9 but I cannot use the new model wizard on the TX to create a new model. I can do it OK using Companion but .when I click on an empty space on my TX for a new model it asks if I want to create a new model to which the only response is to add "new model" with all the correct attributes I need for fixed wing, none of the alternatives for elevons rotary etc. The stuff for the wizard is on my sd card and when I go into that and click "execute", the wizard runs but I cannot get it to run from the transmitter menu. Online the instructions are to install the wizard in an sd card file starting with "\" to which the response is "file names cannot include such characters".; I know I can use a "template" or the restore function to call up a similar model on the TX but I would like to know whether it is the system or me that is at fault.

Advert

Hi Glasshopper,

Your post has had 100+ viewings, so no one sees an obvious answer.

I haven't used the model set-up wizard much, but did find it confusing, when first encountered. I'm already using 2.2 rather than 2.1, but looking at the SD card 2.0 and 2.1 backups, it looks like the model wizard is little changed from 2.0.

You sound like you are trying to install the wizard onto the SD card, but I believe that it should already be there, in sub-directory SCRIPTS/WIZARD. ("/" is just a reference to the top level directory on the SD card.)

On my Taranis when I select "Create Model", the first screen that appears has three images: Plane, Delta and Quad (and probably Helicopter, if the relevant Companion option were set). You should then be able to select one of these types with the +/- and confirm with the ENTer key. Which moves you on to the engine screen.

If you abandon, using the EXIT key, you appear to get a basic four channel plane setup.

So are you saying that you only see the Plane image, but can see all on the SD card (plane.bmp, delta.bmp, quadri.bmp, plus heli.bmp) and these in sub-directory SCRIPTS/WIZARD?

Ray

Trebor

I am only using empty empty slots for new models. Some of them have been used before for models which have been deleted which brings me to yet another problem! When I try to use these "blank" slots for another new model using the wizard I have the message that the ID for the slot has already been used so not only does the wizrd fail to work but t will not even crete the basic F.W, model. I can of course put new models in these slots manually or by copying and changing IDs but.........?

I found that by deleting a model it doesn't get rid of the assigned Rx number which stops the wizard, once a Rx has been programmed it stays there unless you change the number given to it. That's the one listed in model setup next to Bind, Range check.

Not sure if you can delete the Rx once it's been bound surprise I would like to know if you can and how.

Maybe it deletes itself if you bind another Rx in its place but it's a pain not having the wizard start up. Always wanted to try setting the Rx number to 0 then try setting a model up to see if the wizard will start up. But I don't want to mess anything up as I struggle with things like this laugh tend to leave well alone if it's working.

Hi Glasshopper

The most common problem with SD cards is corruption. Thought to be usually from disconnecting from the PC after changes to the contents, but without clicking on the Eject Media icon at bottom right of PC screen.

Things may improve after an error check using the PC, but no guarantee. That seems to work OK with the card still in the Taranis.

Do you need instructions on that?

A deeper step is to download the full SD card content for version 2.1 and install on a freshly formatted SD card. Perhaps safest on a new card (a 4Gb one would be ample as only uses a fraction of that space). Your model details are normally held separately in the Taranis, only backups and excess models would be on the SD card (excess after you have used all 60 model slots available!). If using the same SD card make sure you have an up-to-date copy saved on your PC, though that content is suspect. You may have also re-install extras to the SD card like the Amber voice set.

How happy are you with such operations?

Ray

I have finally cracked it!

I created a new file on my sd card named "SCRIPTS" in capitals, I then created a sub file in Scripts named "WIZARD" which has all the bmp and lua scripts in it.........et voila! I have a fully functioning new model wizard with all the pictures and options driven from the blank model spaces on my TX.

Thank you to all those who have striven to help solve my relatively insignificant problem.