Match ESC to motor?

Tony Kenny

Hi all,

I have a Dualsky 840kv motor that is squealing at low throttle. I've read around and the general advice seems to be around timing and trying a different ESC. Higher timing helps a bit, but not a lot of difference with a different ESC.

So, I'm willing to buy a new 60A ESC, but, not if there's little certainty that it will help. I can't find anything from the manufacturer about the correct ESC to use so not sure what to try, or, if to just use it as it is an accept that I'm unlike to use such a lot throttle anyway. I could also just offset my throttle to make it start aove the point where the screaming stops.

Advert

I have an original version AX 2820/10 which has squealed at low throttle since I got it from Puffin around 2003. John offered to change it at the time but I was using it in a Reichard Classic electric glider at either full throttle or off so didn't bother. ESC was originaly a Model Motors 40 ESC but it asn't designed for lipo & since been changed to a Hobbywing 40 when I changed the battery from 10s nicad to 3s lipo.
The motor's been in use in the same model ever since without any problem, in fact I don't know if it still squeals since it never runs at low throttle. wink 2