Pe Reivers

Pe Reivers name came up in another thread which got me thinking. Before he unfortunately died he had a fantastic website full of useful stuff. Un-fortunately I re visited just after the sad event to find the site was closed. Any one know if any of the information is still accessible online?

Thanks Ace

Advert

John, It wasn't anything in particular just that when Pe's name cropped up it reminded me of how much interesting content was on his website and just wondered if any was still available. There was so much I have forgotten what there actually was as its been 4 possibly 5 yrs since he died.

Rob. Tried thewaybackmachine and there is a record of search finds but can't work out how to actually see if any content is still accessible from I believe MVVS.nl ? Ace

Hi Ace, I just had a quick look on the phone (which is not ideal - it will d be better on a computer). If you type the old Web address (http://www.mvvs.nl) into the search box it will bring up a time line below showing years. Move this along until you see black bars which indicate when the site has been captured. Select a year with captures and then look at the calendar below. You will see a blue blob on any date that a capture has taken place on. Click on the date and it will take you to that capture. You probably want to look at a capture that has a big bar in the time line as I think this indicates a lot of captured pages. Or you could look at the most recent captures when there was probably more content on the site. I hope this helps.

If it helps, I was a long term dealer for MVVS (and technically, I still am), and had training at the factory on two occasions. Thankfully, I now go out to work, and home is not work, but I am very happy to help fellow modellers.

The factory also provide tech support, both by e-mail, and in servicing engines - and as Czech are now in the EU there is no complication with crossing borders - and that's a VERY good thing!

Rob, thanks will have a more determined try tonight.

John, appreciate the offer. There was not anything in particular, I just recall there being a huge amount of what I thought was useful information from designing silencers to various calculators.

Ace